July 7, 8, 14, 15 (3pm – 8pm), July 18, 19 (10am – 5pm) 6 Session intensive workshop
Babak Payami (writer, director, producer)
This six-day workshop is an essential guide to acting from a director’s perspective. It is designed for participants who have either practical experience in professional acting or completed acting school and are beginning their professional career. The workshop will cover the basics of film and television acting and will include on-camera work with the director. A perfect complement to acting classes.
Collaboration with the director is essential for actors to achieve their best performance in a role. In this intensive workshop, participants will experience on-camera practical development of their craft with an emphasis on working with the director including;
– Preparation for a role
– Techniques for character development
– Scene breakdown and how to develop nuance in performance
– Mannerism & non-dialogue performance
– Development of emotions, Actions and the mechanics of human behaviour on screen.
– The Audition
One of the days will include guest appearance by a Canadian or international actor who will add further insight into collaboration with directors and how best to prepare for, develop and perform a role.
BONUS AUDITION TECHNIQUE WORKSHOP
Sara Kay (Casting Director, Lewis Kay Casting)
Sara Kay (Lewis Kay Casting) will conduct a full-day Audition Technique Workshop on day 6 of the workshop (July 19, 2015). This intensive Audition Technique workshop will include;
– A simulated audition “in the room” with Casting director and Producer/Director
– Overview of how the industry works, A casting director’s insight.
– Preparation for an audition
– Individual review and analysis of taped auditions with tips and feedback from Casting director and director.
– Resume & Head Shot review, analysis and tips for each individual participant
– A second shot at the audition with a final taped read and review.
WORKSHOP IS LIMITED TO 12 PARTICIPANTS ONLY. (To ensure optimum quality and individual attention to each participant.)
As an additional bonus, all participant will receive a private link to their on-camera work during the workshop. * Link to taped material is usually uploaded within two weeks of the last day.
Workshop fee: $599.00 +HST (verified ACTRA/CAEA members will receive 20% discount.)